The Alumni Association Mission
The Alumni Association of Vanderbilt University School of Nursing Board is an organization of alumni committed to supporting the Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, through assistance with development, alumni relations, student relations, and community relations. Its goals are to support the school's fundraising goals, to establish and maintain a strong alumni network, to foster positive student interactions with administration, faculty, and alumni, and to increase the community's awareness of the roles of advanced practice nursing.
Membership in the Alumni Association begins at the Pinning Ceremony. There are no membership dues or fees.
To find out how to get involved, send an email to the alumni board president at firstname.lastname@example.org
VUSN Alumni Association Board of Directors
The Alumni Association Board of Directors meets twice a year in March and August.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as ambassadors of VUSN to the alumni, the faculty, the students and the community; to support the administration as requested with development and public relations.
- Support the alumni association and fulfill committee requirements and duties.
- Attend two (2) business meetings: one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Make an annual gift to the VUSN and encourage the board members to reach the 100% giving percentage group goal.
- All board members will be appointed to a two (2) year term and serve no more than four (4) consecutive terms, or eight (8) years.
Examples of board accomplishments:
- VUSN Reunion
- Five annual alumni awards
- Student Award for Excellence in Leadership
- VUSN Alumni Association Scholarship
- Alumni panels
- Billing Codes Webinar
- Pop-In Study breaks
- Informal alumni gatherings hosted by board members
- Volunteer Day
- Annual holiday gifts for two families
- New mother bags for Franklin Road Women’s Clinic
- Sponsored the Pink Out Basketball Game
- Alumni call nights
- Country Music Marathon team in training
- Carb Load Dinner
- Wine and Cheese Reception for graduates and guests