Vanderbilt University School of Nursing seeks highly qualified faculty to teach in its MSN, DNP, and PhD in Nursing Science programs. Vanderbilt has a long history of a tri-partite mission of research, teaching, and practice and faculty are encouraged to expand their expertise in these areas. Fields of study in the PhD program emphasize the broad areas of clinical and health services research. The DNP program is a post-masters program focusing on clinical practice and/or systems practice. Master degree programs include: Nurse-Midwifery, MSN in Healthcare Leadership, Nursing Informatics, and a variety of nurse practitioner specialties including Acute Care, Family, Neonatal, Adult, Gerontology, Pediatrics, Psychiatric-Mental Health, and Women’s Health.
Faculty must hold a master’s degree in nursing and a doctorate in nursing or related discipline with an active program of research or scholarship and practice is required. Minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply. All faculty positions are 12-month appointments and benefit packages are exceptional.
Applicants for faculty positions should initially submit a cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae to:
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
Attention: Carolyn Arakelian
117 Godchaux Hall
461 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37240-0008
Teaching in the MSN Programs
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Faculty – full-time position
Doctoral degree in nursing or related field, minimum of 3 years experience as a practicing WHNP, current WHNP certification and RN license (or eligible for licensure in TN); previous experience teaching in a graduate WHNP program preferred.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Lifespan) – full-time position
Doctoral degree in nursing or related field, minimum 3 years experience as a practicing PMHNP, current PMHNP certification and RN license (or eligible for licensure in TN); previous experience teaching in a graduate PMHNP program preferred.
Teaching in the Pre-Licensure Program
- Clinical Teaching position in Adult Health/Medical-Surgical Nursing and Psychiatric Mental Health full-time position.
MSN degree minimum requirement; RN license (or eligible for licensure in TN); minimum 2 years clinical experience; and clinical teaching experience preferred.
- Clinical Teaching position in Adult Health/Medical-Surgical Nursing – part-time for Summer Semester 2015 only
MSN degree minimum requirement, RN license (or eligible of licensure in TN); minimum 2 years clinical experience; and clinical teaching experience preferred.
- Doctorally prepared nurse researchers with active clinical and/or health services programs. Post-doctoral experience desirable. Beginning and senior level nurse scientists are encouraged to apply.