Programs of Study
Vanderbilt School of Nursing offers advanced practice nursing specialties to suit varied professional interests and personal learning styles.
Many of our MSN programs offer dual certifications or specialization in certain focus areas. Our faculty are first-rate in each of these areas; they get to know their students one-on-one and provide support whenever it’s needed. Visit the program sites to learn more, meet program directors and review sample curriculum plans. Or, talk with an Admissions counselor to determine those that might be right for your background and career goals.
Advanced Practice Nursing Specialties
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner *
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner - Intensivist *
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner *
- Emergency Nurse Practitioner *
- Family Nurse Practitioner - Dual AG-AG-ACNP/FNP *
- Health Systems Management (online only)
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner *+
- Nurse-Midwifery/Family Nurse Practitioner - Dual Focus
- Nursing Informatics *
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care *+
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care *
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Family) *
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner - WHNP
- Women's Health Nurse Practitioner/ Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner - Dual Focus
- MSN Program for BSN Certificate-Prepared Neonatal Nurse Practitioners*
- MSN Program for BSN Certificate-Prepared Women's Health Nurse Practitioners Who Live at a Distance*
- MSN/MDiv and MSN/MTS Dual Degree
*Offered in modified learning (block) format for students
who live at a distance.
+ RN experience required. Not available for pre-specialty entry. Contact admissions office for details.