Health Systems Management (HSM)
Meet the Program DirectorBonnie Pilon, DSN, NE-A, FAAN
Dr. Bonnie Pilon, HSM Program Director and Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Community Partnerships, oversees the daily operations of all Vanderbilt School of Nursing practice sites. She earned her DSN from the University of Alabama, her MN from the University of Florida and BSN from Barry College. She also holds certifications in Nursing Administration, Advanced from the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center. Dr. Pilon has served as a chief nursing officer and health care consultant. She has numerous publications awards. She is a founding member of the National Certification Board for Case Management Administrators and a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing.
How It Works
Online Learning Works with Your Schedule
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) programs have been designed and developed by experienced faculty with a deep knowledge of teaching and learning, and the school improvement process. The e-Learning program combines the best of traditional learning and makes it better by utilizing the advantages of the Internet. Vanderbilt University's e-Learning Health Systems Management program will allow you to realize career-advancing opportunities while you continue working. This program is designed for busy professionals like you, to help you improve and expand your knowledge and competencies.
- Flexibility - log in anytime, from any Internet connection. Post responses on the discussion board, receive feedback, and submit assignments, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Connection - gain individualized attention from faculty and develop close relationships with fellow learners as you interact with them, creating a vast network of professional contacts.
- Interaction - post and respond to messages with fellow nurse leaders. Online learning puts you much closer to the thinking and experience of your instructors and classmates.
- Timely Curriculum - course content is continually updated. Assignments incorporate the specific issues you deal with at work, allowing you to apply lessons from each course.
- Access to State of the Art Reference Information and Computer Support - active enrollment provides students access to the entire Vanderbilt University online library system as well as an information technology service which offers voice, video, data, computing and conferencing services.