Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
Not only is Vanderbilt School of Nursing creating more flexible ways to study and earn the MSN degree, we are also employing innovative approaches and offering widespread opportunities for experience in clinical practice. Hallmarks of our MSN program include:
- Multiple entry options – for nurses and for non-nurses
- MSN advanced practice specialties to suit varied professional interests
- Distributed course delivery, flexible formats and distance learning for many MSN advanced practice specialties
- Modern facilities in the newly renovated Godchaux Hall
- An extensive nurse faculty practice network
- State-of-the-art nursing informatics - Technology to Support Learning
- Dual degrees with Vanderbilt Divinity School (MSN/MTS-DIV)
- Excellent RN licensure and specialty certification pass rates
Vanderbilt University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award bachelor’s, master’s, education specialist’s, and doctor’s degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges sacs.org located at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about accreditation of Vanderbilt University.
The School of Nursing is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing. Vanderbilt School of Nursing was a charter member of the Association of Collegiate Schools of Nursing, which later was incorporated into the National League for Nursing (NLN). The MSN program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NW, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30325; (404) 975-5000. (The DNP program is a candidate for accreditation by NLNAC.) The Nurse-Midwifery program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (formerly ACNM Division of Accreditation). For information: 8403 Colesville Road, Suite 1550, Silver Spring, MD 20910-6374;; email: email@example.com; Web: midwife.org. The U.S. Department of Education is located at 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-0498; telephone (800) USA-LEARN (800-872-5327)
Be sure to check our Admissions Requirements, and review the Application Checklist. You may also apply online or download our Application for Admission. You will also find information about Financial Aid and Housing on our website. If you have questions or need assistance, contact our Admissions team by email or phone (toll free 1.888.333.9192). They are standing by to help and get to know you better.