Admitted MSN and Post Master's Students 2016
We commend you on being selected for admission to the School of Nursing and are delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you to the 2016 class.
Additional Important Information:
event1. Block Schedule Dates
check_circle2. Checklist for Admitted Students
fingerprint3. Background Check Deadline August 1st
Upon acceptance, all full and part-time students must complete a background check through Castle Branch using the code provided below. Enrollment is contingent upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of the background check. Special Students, who are only enrolled in one course and are not seeking a degree from the School of Nursing, are not required to complete a background check or the new student requirements unless they apply and are admitted to VUSN.
- Student Background check and submitting requirements:
a. Go to www.CastleBranch.com (Should not be completed more than 3 months prior to student orientation.)
b. Click: 'Place Order' and enter 'Package Code': VA14bgt
c. Enter payment information – Visa, MasterCard (credit or debit), or money order mailed to Castle Branch.
(NOTE: there is a processing fee for money orders). The student should follow online instructions to complete the order.
Disclosure of offenses post-background check completion: Admitted VUSN students (includes full & part-time students) are required to report any arrest, criminal charge or conviction occurring after his or her background check has been completed. Required disclosure also includes but is not limited to; allegations, investigations and/or disciplinary action from any licensing board or agency included under the Nationwide Healthcare Fraud and Abuse scan; Office of Inspector General (OIG), General Services Administration (GSA), FDA Debarment Check, Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA), Office of Research Integrity (ORI), and Medicare and Medicaid Sanctions.
new_releases4. Medical and Other Required Information - Deadline August 1st
Review and complete:
- MSN PreSpecialty Level Student Requirements checklist
- ASN to MSN, MSN Specialty Year & Post Master's Levels Student Requirements checklist
location_city5. Housing & Nashville Information
For those of you who live outside of the Nashville area and will be relocating or visiting the area as a distance student, please see resources below for helpful information.
Hotel rate sheets added 4/19/16
- Please visit the Vanderbilt University Visitor Travel portal at, http://www.campustravel.com/university/vanderbilt/
- Hotels that offer VUSN students special rates:
- Embassy Hotel Suites [rates]
- Hampton Inn Elliston [rates]
- Hampton Inn West End [rates]
- Hilton Garden Inn [rates]
- Holiday Inn [rates]
- Home 2 Suites by Hilton [rates]
- Homewood Suites by Hilton [rates]
- Vanderbilt’s off campus referral service
www.vanderbilt.edu/ResEd - Once at this page go to: Off Campus Referral Service under Housing Assignment, View Listings, Read disclaimer, choose Agree, Temporary User Name = VUSN, Temporary Password = MSNRN, Login
- Facebook Group = Vanderbilt School of Nursing – Roommate Search
- Apartment Selector – Free Locating Service
Toll free: 800-394-2736
- Craigslist - http://nashville.craigslist.org/
- Vanderbilt MyVU Classified Ads - http://www.vanderbilt.edu/classifieds/
- Apartment Guide - http://www.apartmentguide.com/
- Apartment Finder - http://www.apartmentfinder.com/Tennessee/Nashville
- A comprehensive database of apartment ratings and reviews, find out what tenants say BEFORE you sign a lease. www.apartmentratings.com
- Furniture Rental – Cort Furniture Rental
Please exercise good judgment when using an outside source such as Craigslist, Tennessean, etc. Although the Vanderbilt Office of Housing & Residential Off-Campus Service is not endorsed or verified by the university, it is password protected.
To learn more about the safety of the area you may be renting in, check out the Nashville Police website - http://www.crimemapping.com/map/tn/nashville
- Our Hometown – Nashville, TN; Find information regarding making Nashville home, childcare options, ride share, residential communities and things to do http://www.vanderbilt.edu/nashville/
- Vanderbilt Child Care Center & TN Statewide Child Care Source
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce – Getting Established
- A ridesharing website to help you find commuting partners who work or study at VUMC.
- Pinterest – Nashville Love
- Nashville boasts a variety of neighborhoods from downtown apartments to multifamily units in the suburbs to every kind of apartment community or single-family residential home. There are several distinct areas of the city listed below. For more information about these & other Nashville communities visit the following sites: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/nashville/essentials.php#areas, http://www.vanderbilt.edu/nashville/home.php or www.nashvilleguru.com.
event6. Dates for Mandatory New Student Orientation:
MSN PreSpecialty Level orientation
August 17 – August 19
I have an ASN, ADN or a hospital diploma in Nursing
ASN to MSN Level orientation
August 17 & 18
MSN Specialty Level orientation
August 22 & 23
MSN Specialty Level orientation
August 22 & 23
Post Master's Certificate Quickfacts
event7. Calendar and Schedules
attach_money8. Tuition and Fees
Please note, the tuition and fees listed are estimates and will change. The actual tuition and fees will be determined in May 2016.
- MSN estimated tuition and fees 2016 - 2017
- Post-master's Certificate estimated tuition and fees 2016 -2017
computer9. Technology Requirements and Support
10. Social Media
On Tuesday, April 12 the VUSN Graduate Council and the Office of Student Affairs hosted an "End of the Semester" luncheon for Pre-Specialty Students, catered by local favorite, Calypso Café. In addition to the lunch, there was a drawing for VUSN T-shirts and Panera Gift Cards. We look forward to seeing you at future school events.
Connect with classmates before August and follow us on social media!