Admitted MSN Students 2013
Welcome to Vanderbilt
1. Determine Your Classification (MSN Students)
2. Calendar and Schedules
- Pre-Specialty Academic Calendar
- RN Pre-Specialty Academic Calendar
- Specialty Year and Doctoral Academic Calendar
- Block Schedules
3. New Student Requirements
Upon acceptance, all entering students must complete a background check through Certified Background using the provided code under the new student requirements. Click here: http://www.nursing.vanderbilt.edu/clinicalplacement/newstudents_msn.html
Enrollment is contingent upon satisfactory evaluation of the results of the background check.
Additionally, Pre-Specialty, MSN, HSM and Post Master’s Certificate students must complete the new student requirements. These requirements are designed to meet legal regulations. Students will not be permitted to begin/continue clinical coursework and/or register for additional courses until all requirements are met.
The Clinical Placement Office at Vanderbilt School of Nursing helps students and faculty with the student clinical learning experience for group and individual placements.
Students are required to wear a Vanderbilt student ID while in clinical at Vanderbilt or at any other location (including distance placement sites). It is recommended that you get your ID while on campus for orientation.
4. Housing & Nashville Information
For those of you who live outside of the Nashville area and will be relocating or visiting the area as a distance student, please see resources below for helpful information.
- Vanderbilt’s off campus referral service
www.vanderbilt.edu/ResEd - Once at this page go to: Off Campus Referral Service under Housing Assignment, View Listings, Read disclaimer, choose Agree, Temporary User Name = VUSN, Temporary Password = MSNRN, Login
- Facebook Group = Vanderbilt School of Nursing – Roommate Search
- Apartment Selector – Free Locating Service
http://www.aptselector.com/nashville/agents/3834/Lori/Koogler Contact = Lori Koogler, email@example.com or 800.394.2736
- Craigslist - http://nashville.craigslist.org/
- Vanderbilt MyVU Classified Ads - http://www.vanderbilt.edu/classifieds/
- Apartment Guide - http://www.apartmentguide.com/
- Apartment Finder - http://www.apartmentfinder.com/Tennessee/Nashville
A comprehensive database of apartment ratings and reviews, find out what tenants say BEFORE you sign a lease. www.apartmentratings.com
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce – Getting Established
Please exercise good judgment when using an outside source such as Craigslist, Tennessean, etc. Although the Vanderbilt Office of Housing & Residential Off-Campus Service is not endorsed or verified by the university it is password protected. *To learn more about the safety of the area you may be renting in, check out the Nashville Police website -http://www.crimemapping.com/map/tn/nashville.
- Our Hometown – Nashville, TN; Essential Nashville and Making Nashville Home - http://www.vanderbilt.edu/nashville/
- Vanderbilt Child Care Center & TN Statewide Child Care Source
http://healthandwellness.vanderbilt.edu/child-family-center/child-care-center/index.php - http://tn.gov/humanserv/adfam/ccfcc.html
- A ridesharing website to help you find commuting partners who work or study at VUMC. https://www.vmcridematch.com/Public/UserSignIn.aspx
For questions or concerns contact firstname.lastname@example.org or our office at 615.322.3800
Activate your VUnet ID
Your Vanderbilt User Account (your VUnetID) will be used to access student services, including class registration, access to academic information, and Vanderbilt email. You need to complete the Vanderbilt User Account (VUnetID) registration process to obtain your @vanderbilt.edu email address. The University Registrar will begin the process by sending a message to your personal email account about ten days following payment of your matriculation fee. (If you do not receive a message from the University Registrar about the VUnetID process and you are not currently a student or an employee of Vanderbilt, please contact Jerry Murley (email@example.com). When you do receive that message, start setting up your VUnet account as soon as possible. The following is a summary of the instructions you will receive in the email message from the University Registrar:
- Register your personal email address at http://www.vanderbilt.edu/accessvu/students/ .
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email at that personal email address. In the email will be a link for you to verify that personal email address. If you do not receive this initial verification email, please contact
- Once the verification is complete, we will direct you to a site where you will need to confirm your identity by providing the personal information outlined below. To ensure that your records match in our IT systems, it is important to enter the information as it was provided on your application. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
- First Name
- Middle Name (optional)
- Last Name
- Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Within 24 hours of submitting your identity information, you should receive an email confirming that your Vanderbilt User account (VUnetID) has been created. Note, if you previously have had a VUnetID, this will not happen and you will be directed to change your password. If you do not receive this confirmation please contact email@example.com
- The confirmation email will provide you with a link that you can use to set up the password (e-password) for your VUnetID and to setup shared secret questions for your account.
6. Technology Requirements & Support
7. Tuition & Financial Aid
- Received the Financial Aid Packet from the VUSN Student Financial Services Office. If you have not received the forms, please call Kristie Smith at 615.322.8986.
- Submit the Vanderbilt University Graduate Financial Aid and Scholarship Application; available on-line: https://www4.vanderbilt.edu/financialaid/studentinfo/2013-14/ngradapp1.htm
- File the 2013-2014 FAFSA; available on-line: (www.fafsa.ed.gov; School Code: 003535
- Receive financial aid award letter (if applicable) from the VUSN Student Financial Services Office during the 4th week of April. Once you receive the financial aid award letter, please follow all instructions for completing loan applications.
- Student Recreation Fee Waiver
- If you are a Vanderbilt employee and are interested in the Tuition Reimbursement Program, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org