Susan P. Andrews, MSN, RN, CPN
Professor Andrews received her BSN from UNC – Chapel Hill and her MSN in Nursing Education from The University of Tampa and is a clinical instructor in the pre-specialty level at VUSN. In addition to teaching, she has been a practicing Pediatric Nurse for 27 years. She has experience as a Staff Nurse, PICU Nurse, Nurse Manager, Staff Development Specialist and Nurse Educator.
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Pediatric Simulation
- Pediatric Nursing Certification
Current Clinical/Teaching Activity
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Nursing Leadership and Management
- Nursing Education
- Professional Nursing Development
- Medical mission to Holy Cross Hospice- Gabarone, Botswana
- 11/13 - Presentation, Exploring Global Health: A Pediatric Nurses
Journey to Botswana
- 1/12 - Presentation, “Pediatric Advocacy: Turning Words in Action”
- 1/10-Presentation, “Why Certify? Specialty Certification and the Nursing Profession”. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Alumni Mtg. Nashville, Tennessee.
- 1/04 – 09- Presentation, Pediatric Nursing Certification Course and On Site Testing, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, Florida
- 1/06 - Chapter Author, “Care of the Child in the Acute Care Setting” Bowden,V. and Greenberg, C., Children and their Families: The continuum of care (2nd ed.) Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins.
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (1990-present). Pediatric Nursing Certification Board.
- Society of Pediatric Nurses, (1990- present )(Past BoardTreasurer 2005-2009)
- University Of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – School of Nursing Alumni Board, 2008- present (President Elect, 2013-15)
- CPN Board Member At Large (1994-1998) – Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB).