Maureen, Barton CNM, MS, FACCE, IBCLC
Maureen Barton is an obstetric clinical instructor in the Prespecialty level at VUSN. In addition, she is co-founder of a private health care practice of Advanced Practice Nurses established in 2009 by three APNs who believe that optimal health is achieved by nurturing the body and encouraging the spirit. Focus is on delivering affordable, compassionate, family centered care to a diverse population of low and high risk families in a safe, respectful environment. Clients are invited to become active and accountable participants in a research based health care system.
- Improving the quality of life and return to optimum health for women recovering from addiction.
Current Clinical/Teaching Activity
- Obstetric Nursing
- Medical management for women who are receiving detox support and rehabilitation at several locations in the Nashville area.
- Supervision of Advanced Practice Nursing students offering a variety of maternity and women’s health experiences.
- Liaison to Certified Professional Midwives in the Nashville area providing collaborative midwifery care and facilitating the transfer from homebirth to hospital birth if indicated.
- Reiki Master encouraging Reiki therapy as an alternative therapeutic tool for self-healing in family health care practice
- ACNM, member 1997-present
- AWHONN, member 1975-present, Intermediate and Advanced Fetal monitoring Instructor 2002-2010
- American Nurses Association, member 1997-present
- Lamaze International/Certified Lamaze Educator since 1972, former Chairperson of Northern Illinois Lamaze Educators, ASPO Lamaze Board Member