Karen Hande, DNP, ANP-BC
Instructor in Nursing
Karen Hande is an adult health nurse practitioner. Her passions are caring for chronically ill patients and engaging her students. Karen practices in a gastroenterology clinic and her specialty is hepatology. Most recently, Karen completed her DNP at Vanderbilt University and is a faculty member of the RNPS and AGPCNP programs.
- Measuring endoscopic performance to improve colorectal cancer screening and prevention
- Hepatitis C screening and management in an outpatient GI practice
Hande, K. (2013). An update on the screening for Hepatitis C Virus infection in adults. Journal for Nurse Practitioners. (in press)
Hande, K. (2013). Measuring endoscopic performance for colorectal cancer prevention quality improvement in a gastroenterology practice. Nursing Clinics of North America (in press)
Woo, S., Hande, K., & Richardson, P. (2007). Osteonecrosis of the jaw and bisphosphonates. NEJM, 353(1): 99-102.
McDonald, D., McNulty, J., Erickson, K., & Weiskopf, C. (2000).Communicating pain and pain management needs after surgery. Applied Nursing Research, 13(2): 70-75.
- American Nurses Association, member
- Middle Tennessee Advanced Practice Nurses, member
- Tennessee Nurses Association, member
- Sigma Theta Tau, Iota Chapter, member