Mary Ann Jessee, PhD, RN
Prespecialty Level Director
Mary Ann Jessee has a background in medical surgical and critical care nursing practice. Her goal and research focus is facilitation of student development of sound clinical judgment through innovative and challenging learning experiences designed to develop the knowledge, skill, and attitudes necessary for successful transformation into the nursing profession. She strives to cultivate in her students a spirit of inquiry that will serve to support the lifelong learning essential for the continued delivery of evidence-based, progressive, patient-focused nursing care.
Current Research/Scholarly Interests
- Promotion of safe nursing care delivery in the acute care setting
- Theoretical support of pre-licensure clinical learning
- Improvement of the pre-licensure clinical learning environment
- Enhancement of clinical reasoning in pre-licensure nursing students
Current Clinical/Teaching Activity
- Adult medical/surgical nursing in the acute care setting
- Clinical experience coordination
- Jessee, Mary A. (2010). Stool Studies: Tried, True, and New. Critical Care Clinics of North America, 22(1), 129-145.
- Jessee, M. A., & Mion, L. C. (2013). Is evidence guiding practice? Reported versus observed adherence to contact isolation precautions: A pilot study. American Journal of Infection Control, 41(11), 965-970.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Iota Chapter
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- American Nursing Association
Honors & Awards
|2013||Dean's Award for Excellence in Academics
|2013||Sarah K. Archer Award for Outstanding Contributions in Teaching, Scholarliness, and Faculty-Student Relations
|2012||Sarah K. Archer Award for Outstanding Contributions in Teaching, Scholarliness, and Faculty-Student Relations
|2011||Sarah K. Archer Award for Outstanding Contributions in Teaching, Scholarliness, and Faculty-Student Relations|
|2009||Shirley K. Titus Award for Outstanding Contributions to Pre-specialty Classroom Teaching|
|2008||Innovation in Teaching in Nursing Skills Lab|