Betsy B. Kennedy, PhD, RN, CNE
Associate Professor of Nursing
Director of Faculty Development
Current Research/Scholarly/Clinical Activity
- Nurse faculty mentoring in orientation and development programs.
- Nursing education research, technology in the classroom and evidence based andragogy
- Qualitative methodologies
- High risk and critical care obstetrics, maternal mortality
Kennedy, B. (2011). Developental Networks for Mentoring of Nurse Faculty: Connections that Count. Naltional League for Nursing.
Baird, S. M. & Kennedy, B. B. (2013). Pulmonary complications of pregnancy in AWHONN’s Perinatal Nursing (K. R. Simpson & P. Creehan eds.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott.
Kennedy, B. B., Harvey, C. G., & Saade, G. R. (2012). Acute Renal Failure in Pregnancy. In High Risk and Critical Care: Intrapartum Nursing. (3rd ed.). (Troiano, Harvey & Chez, eds.) Philadelphia, PA, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
Ruth, D. J. & Kennedy, B. B. (2011). Acute Volume Resuscitation Following Obstetric Hemorrhage. Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing 25(3), 253-260.
Inott, T. J. & Kennedy, B. B. (2011). Assessing Learning Styles: Practical Tips for Patient Education. Nursing Clinics of North America, 46(3), 313-320.
Kennedy, B. B., Ruth, D. J., & Martin, E. J. (Eds.). (2008). Intrapartum Management Modules: A Perinatal Education Program. (4th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
Kennedy, B. B., Baird, S. M. & Troiano, N. H. (2008). Burn injuries during pregnancy. Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing, 22(1),20-29.
Baird, S. M., & Kennedy, B. B. (2006). Myocardial infarction in pregnancy. Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing, 20(4), 311-321.
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nursing
- Tennessee Nurses Association
- American Nurses Association
- Southern Nursing Research Society
- International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning