Cathy A. Maxwell, PhD, RN
Current Research Interests
- Predictors of Outcomes for Hospitalized Injured Older Adults
- Cognitive and Physical Function Impairment in Injured Older Adults
- Early Mobilization Strategies for Older Adults
- Community-based Fall Prevention Strategies
- Maxwell, CA & Mion, LC (2011). Hospitalized injured older adults: A 21st century challenge. Geriatric Nursing, 32(2), 130-132.
- Krau, SD, Maxwell, CA & Thibeau, S (2011). Creating a tool to evaluate patient performance. Nursing Clinics of North America, 46: 351-365.
- Maxwell, CA, Mion, LC & Dietrich, MS (2012). Hospitalized injured older adults: Clinical utility of a rib fracture scoring system. Journal of Trauma Nursing 19(3), 167-73.
- Maxwell, CA, Mion, LC & Minnick, A (2013). Geriatric resources in acute care hospitals and trauma centers. Journal of Gerontological Nursing (accepted for publication)
- Maxwell, CA (2013). Screening hospitalized injured older adults for cognitive impairment and pre-injury functional impairment. Applied Nursing Research (accepted for publication)
- Maxwell, CA, Rader, E, Fallon, WF (2013). Outcomes for surgical care in the elderly. In JA Yelon & FA Luchette (Eds.), Geriatric Trauma and Emergency Care. Philadelphia: Springer. (to be published Fall 2013).
- Academy Health
- Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science
- Society of Trauma Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- American Geriatrics Society