Cathy A. Maxwell, PhD, RN
Research Associate in Nursing
Current Research Interests
- Predictors of outcomes for hospitalized injured older adults
- Cognitive and functional impairment in injured older adults
- Mobilization strategies during hospitalization
Maxwell, C.A., Mion, L.C., Dietrich, M.S. (2012). Hospitalized injured older adults: clinical utility of a rib fracture scoring system. Journal of Trauma Nursing, 19(3), 168-174.
Maxwell, C.A., Mion, L.C. (2011). Hospitalized injured older adults: A 21st century challenge. Geriatric Nursing, 32(2), 130-132.
Maxwell, C.A., Mion, L.C. (2012). Geriatric resources in acute care hospitals and trauma centers: A scare commodity. Journal of Gerontological Nursing.
Maxwell, C.A. (2012). Screening hospitalized injured older adults for cognitive impairment and pre-injury functional impairment. Applied Nursing Research.
- Academy Health
- Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science
- Society of Trauma Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Gerontological Society of America