Susan Mott-Coles, DNP, RN, AOCN®, ACNP-BC
Assistant Professor of Nursing
Current Research/Scholarly Interest
- Issues related to minority breast cancer patients
- Cancer survivorship issues
Current Clinical/Teaching Activity
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Adult Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Professionalism and research in nursing
- Incorporation of Patients’ Cultural Beliefs in Patient-Provider Communication with African American Women and Latinas Diagnosed with Breast Cancer (Accepted for publication in the August, 2014 issue of Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society).
- Poster presentation of Scholarly Project. (2012). Evaluation of Provider Cultural Competency in Patient-Provider Communications with African American Women and Latinas Diagnosed with Breast Cancer,Doctor of Nursing Practice Intensive. Birmingham, AL: University of Alabama, Birmingham.
- What clinical pearls would you pass on to future generations of nurses? (2012). ONS Connect. Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.
- 1992-date: Oncology Nursing Society.
- 1993-date: Middle Tennessee Chapter, Oncology Nursing Society.
- Board of Directors, 1995-2010.
- 1993-2003, & 1993-date: Sigma Theta Tau International, Iota Chapter
- Governance Committee Chair, 2013-date.
- Editorial Review Board, Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. (2005-date). Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.
- Mentorship Program, Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Congress Abstracts. (2007). Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.
- ONS Educational Resource Center: Advanced Practice Content Reviewer. (2013-date). Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.
- Writing Mentorship Program, Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing. (2013-date). Pittsburgh, PA: Oncology Nursing Society.
Honors and Awards
- Inspiration Recognition Award, Alpha Sigma Tau Sorority. (2005). The Jeanette C. Rudy School of Nursing at Cumberland University, Lebanon, TN.
- The Shirley Titus Award for Outstanding Contributions to Pre-Specialty Classroom Teaching. (2010). Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, Nashville, TN.