Carrie Plummer, MSN, RN
Dr. Plummer graduated from the Adult and Geriatric Nurse Practitioner program at Vanderbilt School of Nursing in 2005. In addition to teaching in the prespecialty and specialty levels at VUSN, she has been a board certified Adult Nurse Practitioner since 2005 and practiced as a member of the interdisciplinary Geriatric Inpatient Service at Vanderbilt University Medical Center from 2005 – 2008 and also worked part-time for the Nurse Practitioner “On Call” Service, triaging outpatient and nursing home calls for the Vanderbilt Internal Medicine Group and several area nursing homes.
Current Research /Scholarly Interests
- Public health issues related to “Community-based ACcumulation of Home mEdicationS: CACHES”.
Current Clinical/Teaching Activity
- Community and Population Health
- Bi-annual Drug Disposal events utilizing interdisciplinary coalitions of nursing and pharmacy students and faculty, and undergraduate students
- Dr. Plummer has presented her doctoral research findings at the regional, state and national level.
Awards and Recognition
- 2011-2013 John A. Hartford predoctoral scholar during her PhD program.