Lisa Marie Wands, PhD, RN
Research Associate in Nursing
Current Research Interests
- Post-deployment veteran health
- Health through transitions
- Caring science; patient-centeredness
Wands, L.M. (2013, in press). Moving beyond structures for research to proposal development: Catastrophic cultural immersion. In M. J. Smith and P. R. Liehr (Eds.), Middle range theory for nursing (3rd ed.). New York: Springer.
Liehr, P., Nishimura, C., Ito, M., Wands, L.M., & Takahashi, R. (2011). A lifelong journey of moving beyond wartime trauma for survivors from Hiroshima and Pearl Harbor. Advances in Nursing Science, 34(3), 215-229.
Wands, L.M. (2011). Caring for veterans returning home from Middle Eastern wars. Nursing Science Quarterly, 24(2), 180-186.
- Academy for Healthcare Improvement
- Academy Health
- American Nurses Association
- Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Southern Nursing Research Society