Center for Research Development and Scholarship (CRDS)
Our Mission: To facilitate scholarly activity and thereby promote new knowledge that improves care to the community and the nation while serving as a good steward of research resources.
The Center for Research Development and Scholarship (CRDS) at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing achieves its mission by fostering a scholarly environment and offering services relevant to our researchers while considering the future directions and needs of science. It works closely to compliment the services provided by VUMC VICTR. These are detailed on Star Brite on the VUMC research page. A VUNet ID login is required for access. Among the current CRDS services are:
- Assistance with Institutional Review Board Applications
- Brown bags and seminars on topics of interest
- Circulation of funding opportunities and bulletins about research policy
- Coordination of the postdoctoral fellowship program
- Database development and management
- Research Faculty travel
- Grant preparation and support
- Instrument development
- Literature searches
- Manuscript preparation
- Paper and poster preparation
- Peer reviews and critiques
- Postdoctoral fellowship program
- Recognition of scholarly achievements
- Research assistants
- Research supply purchase and procurement
- Statistical consultation
For more information on these resources for faculty and staff, please visit Services for Researchers.
Organization and Personnel
CRDS is directed by Dr. Ann Minnick, Senior Associate Dean for Research, and Julia Eleanor Chenault, Professor of Nursing. The need for and direction of CRDS’ services are determined through input from the faculty and postdoctoral fellows through formal monthly email solicitations of ideas and quarterly meetings devoted to research support issues to which all faculty and CRDS staff are invited.
The CRDS staff function cooperatively and most have been cross-trained for at least one additional position. Four overlapping work teams (grants financial management, research support, scholarship support and CRDS administration) meet the needs of our users.