Checking your Flash Plugin
In order to view certain VUSN archived lecture links, as well as most VOPPT (voice-over PowerPoint) links, your browser must have the Adobe Flash plugin installed. You can download this plugin for free by going to www.adobe.com and selecting “Adobe Flash Player” from the Download menu at the top of the screen.
Please note: You cannot download Flash player once and have it work across multiple browsers. Each browser you have installed must have its own version of Flash installed.
You can check the most current version of Flash player by locating your browser in the table in this link:
You may also view the current version you have installed from this link. If your installed version does not match the version listed in the table, download the latest version by following the steps mentioned above. You can also view your plugin version using the methods listed below, depending on your browser.
- Type “chrome://plugins” (without quotes) in the address bar at the top of the window.
- Locate the “Adobe Flash Player” plugin. The version number is listed directly to the right of the plugin name.
- If you do not see “Adobe Flash Player” listed, or if your installed version is out of date, go to www.adobe.com and download the latest version of Flash player.
- Type “about:plugins” (without quotes) in the address bar at the top of the window.
- Locate the “Shockwave Flash” section. The installed version number is listed to the left. Make sure the MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash” is listed with the “swf” suffix in the table underneath the version information.
- If you do not see “Shockwave Flash” or the MIME type “application/x-shockwave-flash” is not listed, or your installed version is out of date, go to www.adobe.com and download the latest version of Flash player.
Internet Explorer 9
- Locate the “Tools” menu on the far right of the browser window (the gear-shaped icon towards the top right). Select “Manage add-ons”.
- Locate and highlight the “Shockwave Flash Object” item under “Adobe Systems Incorporated”. The installed version will be in the information section below.
- If you do not see “Shockwave Flash Object”, or the installed version is out of date, go to www.adobe.com and download the latest version of Flash player.