TurningPoint is an audience response system used in connection with PowerPoint to allow polling during classes.
- Do I need a ResponseCard student clicker or a ResponseWare license?
Your instructor will inform you of the specific requirements. At this time, all non RN pre-specialty students are required to use a clicker device (you may not use the ResponseWare license). Here, at the School of Nursing, we use only RF, RF-A (Braille characters), RF LCD, NXT and XR ResponseCard student clickers (an IR ResponseCard clicker will not work).
- ResponseCard student clicker
The ResponseCard student clicker is a device used to respond and participate in classes using PowerPoint polling. Supported devices: RF, RF-A (Braille characters), RF LCD, NXT and XR ResponseCard student clickers (an IR ResponseCard clicker will not work)
- ResponseWare license
ResponseWare turns a participant’s computer or mobile device into a virtual ResponseCard. ResponseWare allows students and participants to respond using a Wi-Fi or data connection.
- ResponseCard student clicker
- User options:
Browser based – Laptops (Mac and PC) (login: http://www.rwpoll.com)
iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App
PurchasingHow do I purchase a ResponseCard student clicker or a ResponseWare license?
To purchase a ResponseCard student clicker or ResponseWare license, visit the Student Store and Registration: http://www.turningtechnologies.com/student
- Click on Student Store
- Enter Js8y as the school code and Submit (this entitles you to discounted pricing). Prices vary depending on the device and/or license duration chosen. You will be contacted by Turning Technologies via email with confirmation and/or license ID number.
*You may also purchase a new or used ResponseCard student clicker from the Vanderbilt Bookstore, but without the discounted price.
RegistrationYou will need to register your ResponseWare in two locations; with Turning Technologies and in Blackboard/Oak.
- To register with TurningPoint:
- Visit the TurningPoint Student store and Registration page http://www.turningtechnologies.com/student
- Click on Student Web Registration and choose “New” Turning Point and follow the directions: New
- To register in BlackBoard/Oak:
- Log in to BlackBoard/Oak using your VUNET ID and e-password to access your courses. Choose one of the courses you are enrolled in (your device/license will automatically attach to all of your courses when you register with one).
- In the course menu panel on the left, choose “Tools” and then choose “Turning Technologies Registration Tool” from the list and follow the directions: Turning Technologies Registration Tool
How do I change the channel on my device?
- NXT, RF, RF LCD or RF-A ResponseCard:
- Press and release the “Ch” button
- While the light is flashing red and green, enter a 2 digit code (i.e. channel 1=01, channel 21=21)
- After the second digit is entered, press and release the “Ch” button
LED Color Descriptions:
Red – Response was not received
Green – Response was received
Yellow (multiple flash) – in the process of sending
Yellow (Single flash) – polling not open
- Press the “Menu” button
- If prompted to “Leave Presentation Mode” press “Yes”
- Use the “Yes” button to scroll down to “Change Channel” and press “Enter”
- Enter new channel number (must be 2 digits) and press “Enter”
- Press “Menu” button twice to return to Presentation Mode
Please contact Turning Technologies at 1.866.746.3015 or email@example.com
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. EST for any inquiries.
Instructors and Presenters