Call on us for more information or to answer your questions.
Whether you are seeking an MSN degree as a nurse or with no nursing background, or you are planning a program of further study with a post-master’s, PhD, DNP or postdoctoral program, Vanderbilt University School of Nursing assures a high-quality, evidence-based education that is taking our discipline to the next level of patient care.
Please visit our academic programs for specific information regarding your admission to Vanderbilt, including entry options, admission requirements, application procedures, course descriptions and a host of other details. Our Admissions Office will be glad to assist as you work through the process to see if Vanderbilt School of Nursing is right for you and your career.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) – prepares advanced practice nurses in a variety of specialty areas
- PhD in Nursing Science – prepares scholars for research and teaching careers in major universities
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program – integrates course work with practice immersion experiences to prepare practice scholars to become leaders in bringing evidence-based knowledge into clinical practice, improving health care outcomes and strengthening nursing management and education.
- Post-Masterís Certificates – available in various specialty areas for the nurse practitioner (acute care, adult, family, gerontological, neonatal, pediatric, family psychiatric-mental health, and womenís health) and in informatics, health systems management, and nurse midwifery
- Postdoctoral Program – a two-year program through which fellows extend knowledge in their research areas, conduct successful interdisciplinary research projects, enhance writing and communication skills and establish new peer networks
- Special Students - Applicants who are not seeking a degree but who wish to enroll for graduate credit are permitted to enroll as "special students". [download all required documents]