DNP AdmissionsAccepting Applications Through Summer 2014
Entry with an MSN degree requires:
- APRN certification as either an NP, CNM, CNS or CRNA
- Or, an MSN in nursing administration or nursing informatics.
Note: Applicants with a master’s degree in nursing education or similar non APRN area must apply to the post-master’s certificate plus DNP program. Vanderbilt also offers post-master’s entry for advanced practice nurses who hold a MSN and wish to add an additional specialty certification as part of their DNP program of studies.
Entry for nurses with a Master’s degree in business, informatics and health degrees other than an MSN, the DNP for Nurse Leaders and informatacists – Systems Focus Option, requires:
- License as an RN
- Five years post-master’s leadership experience preferred
- Business, informatics or healthcare master’s degree (ex. MBA, MPH, MMHC, Biomedical Informatics and MSHA)
Note: The Healthcare Leadership and Informatics Specialty Directors will review the candidate’s portfolio and transcripts to determine specific requirements and design an individualized DNP program of study.
Applicants with a BSN degree can:
- Make a seamless transition from our advanced practice nursing MSN program into the DNP program.
- BSN applicants complete the online MSN application (available after September 15, 2014) and indicate their intention to progress directly in to the DNP program after completing MSN degree requirements.
- Refer to the MSN program information for the details regarding your advanced practice interest area.